New liberal spin on Republicans and terrorism
Brian at Iowa Voice has caught perhaps what will be the latest in a string of deceptive talking points from Democrats on how Republicans supposedly ‘rejected’ Bill Clinton’s attempts at fighting terrorism back in the mid to late 90s.
In related news, House and Senate Dems are ‘united’ now in asking for the President to begin a “phased redeployment” of US forces in Iraq before the end of this year.
Captain Ed calls it right:
They want to begin a “phased redeployment” by the end of the year — and it’s already September. That leaves a short time frame for this retreat to occur — and note that the Democrats still can’t bring themselves to use the right term. When one leaves the theater while engaged with an enemy, that is a retreat, not a phased redeployment. The Democrats want a retreat.
Yep – the Dem ‘leadership’ has officially put it in writing.
Update: Brian was right: the libs are up in arms about the ABC’s upcoming “Path to 9-11” dramatization.
- At last! The Dems have an Iraq war plan
- And this man could have been president
- The consequences of losing in Iraq
- The Defeatocrats
- Dems still trying to find unified message on Iraq
- Dem party leaders feel as though they are in weak position
- Joe Klein: How to Stay Out of Power (and undermine the war in the process)
- Pelosi hails Democrats’ â€˜diverse’ Iraq stances
- Dems once again fail to find unified message on Iraq
- Winning in spite of defeatist attitudes
- Dems and media determined to ignore Iraq progress
- The undermining of this war
- A powerful reminder of why we must never waver
- MoveOn.org pulls anti-war ad
- Democrats won’t want to hear this butâ€¦
- Rep House calls Dem House’s bluff (MINI-LIVEBLOGGING)
- Dem House Representative calls for immediate troop withdrawal