Via the Raleigh News and Observer:
Vandals staged attacks early Wednesday on the buildings used by the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps at N.C. State University and UNC-Chapel Hill, echoing similar assaults on three Triangle recruiting stations last month.
As before, vandals sprayed anti-war slogans and profanity, splashed red paint and claimed responsibility with a mass e-mail message to area media outlets.
Lt. Col. Carol Ann Redfield of the Army ROTC program at N.C. State was caught off guard. “This is the first time I know of that anything like this has happened here,” she said. “I certainly appreciate that people have different opinions, and they should be able to express them, but I have a problem when they damage property.”
The e-mail, from someone calling himself “celest ialbeing” said, “Stop these recruitment centers that target poor people and people of color to fight to maintain the power structure that (literally and figuratively) imprisons us daily.”
The vandals sprayed slogans at the base of an entrance to Reynolds Coliseum, which holds the Department of Military Science, and tossed paint onto an ROTC sign above the entrance.
At UNC, the vandals used spray paint for slogans but chose a 5-gallon bucket of water-soluble red paint to splash the landing, columns and steps. A cleanup crew blasted it off with a pressure washer.
“Thank goodness they used water-based paint,” said Angelo Baldwin, a crew member. The slogans — including “we won’t fight your wars!” — also were removed quickly, but the doors must be repainted.
At N.C. State, the slogan “Army ROTC trains murderers resist acts of war” was sprayed in a place all but invisible to passers-by. The vandals’ arsenal also included another puzzling choice: Christmas tree ornaments, which were apparently tossed at the ROTC sign.
Blackfive has photos from the UNC-Chapel Hill anti-war vandalism.
Sounds like these creeps who did this would get along with the UC Santa Cruz anti-war crowd just fine.
Semi-related: Michelle Malkin has info on the lyrical rantings of popular anti-war moonbat Neil Young. Love the tin-foil hat pic
Related Toldjah So posts on left wing fanaticism in the public school system as well as colleges:
- Unhinged professors and teachers link roundup
- UC Santa Cruz: violently anti-military
- Cindy Sheehan to speak at a high school in San Francisco
- Cartoon controversies from across the border (re: The University of Saskatchewan)
- Congressional Medal of Honor recipient not the ‘sort of person UW wanted to produce’
- NAACP chairman makes GOP/Nazis comparison (Fayetteville State University)
- Turning their backs on the truth (Georgetown University law school)
- Helping third-graders become anti-war (Frank Allis Elementary School – Wisconsin)
- Ward Churchill confronted (University of Colorado)
- Another censoring of Christmas (Jackson County School System – Georgia)
- Anti-war crowd fights military recruiters in schools (Washington)
- L.A. school district assists students in attending anti-Bush rally
- Former NCSU visiting prof calls for extermination of white people
- Racist logo? (McKinney, TX school district)
- Confronting racism through â€˜workshops’ (Guilford County Schools – NC)
- The demise of the homecoming queen as we know them
- Feds investigate â€˜hate speech’ incident at UNC-Chapel Hill