Matt Margolis is liveblogging the Alito confirmation vote. Interesting stuff going on this morning in the Senate.
Of course there are still some Democratic Senators voicing their, um, ‘displeasure’, at the Alito nomination, but in the end, he’s still expected to be confirmed.
Update I: I’m having trouble accessing that B4B link directly – if you’re having that same problem, try the link to the main page and you should be able to see the updates.
Update II: Just read via the AP that Alito has been confirmed 58-42. B4B (which I can access again) has the vote breakdown.
If another Justice retires before Bush’s 2nd term is over, as is being speculated, before it’s all said and done this court could be known as “the Bush court” … I’m sure that will drive a certain segment of our population absolutely batty
Update III: Samuel Alito is sworn in as the 110th USSC Justice.
Related Toldjah So posts:
- Alito filibuster fails as Ted Kennedy has a meltdown
- Hillary to join Kerry and Kennedy in support of Alito filibuster
- Kerry pushes Alito filibuster
- 10-8 party line vote sets up Senate vote on Alito
- Democrats scrap deal on Alito vote
- Sen. Joe Biden whines because nominees won’t take issue positions
- The Alito confirmation hearings: Day four
- A review of the Senators on Confirmation Row
- Thank you, Sen. Graham
- The Alito confirmation hearings: Day three
- The Alito confirmation hearings: Day two
- Alito confirmation hearings – day one
- Alito confirmation hearing promises to be a slugfest
- Leave Judge Alito’s 90 year old mother alone!
- Alito is “extremist” but Ginsburg is a “moderate”
- Planned Parenthood pulls a NARAL with ad about Alito
- Here we go: Alito is â€˜anti-civil rights’
- Does Alito have the votes to get confirmed?
- Bush will pick Alito for Supreme Court